Beaty’s Crossroads Alabama

People of the Crossroads

Beaty Schoolhouse at the Crossroads

According to Ruben Connard Young, the schoolhouse was call Beaty’s School becauseWilliam Hiram Beaty built it.  It was also know as Beaty’s Club House.  Later it became known as  the Dobbs building.  In the mid 1920 a Beaty School House Newsettes was published for the local friends and neighbors.

Schools located near the Crossroads:

 

Chestnut Grove School 1861-1920

 

Ider School

 

Marona School

 

Text Box: The picture is of  Sarah Beaty and her class probably between 1920 and 1926.

History of DeKalb County Schools, 1996, page 178